Monday, February 1, 2010

January Results & Sunday Variance

Well, I didn't finish January the way I would have hoped, but was still a good month overall..

I played 1299 games, with a profit of $6005.35 between Full Tilt & Stars, not including rakeback. Profit per game across the board was $4.62 with an hourly rate of $52.79 after putting in 114 hours.

All profit was from Tilt as I ran almost exactly break even with the $12 & $36 180 mans on Stars after 671 games. It's not unusual to run break even after even 1000 games, so I'm just focusing on putting in the volume and the results will follow.

Sunday was a frustrating day. When I re raise a guy pre flop with AA and he calls the raise with Q8 suited, you know the games are juicy, however the short term variance can hurt you as they will suck out their fair share. I would book these guys everyday if I could, but sometime you are going to run bad against them, and that's just life, move on.

February should be fun as I will be leaving my full time job as of Feb 5 and will become a full time SNG MTT player. This is very exciting for me as I will be able to immure myself into the poker world and can focus on my game as well as spend more time coaching my students to take them to the next level.

Speaking of students, I'll give you guys a quick update.
9 Students
5 Students played over 1000 games.
Average ROI - 28%
Playing $2 - $12 180 mans on Stars.

All but one had a profitable month, great job guys, February will be even better!

I was talking with Nick Rainey about his coaching program. I told him I feel he has the best system out there as it focuses on working with a student long term to ensure their success, not some weekend bootcamp that you pay a lot of money for and hope you soak in as much as you can.

We definitely have something special here and like I have said before, I am honoured to be a part of his coaching program. There is no better feeling that helping someone succeed!

I also have some exciting news that I will share soon, going to be part of something big.

Ok, put in a 12 hour session, very tired, going to bed...



5 comments:

  1. Great job bro!!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, how long has it taken you to be able to
    give up your day job and go full time pro? just that it is something i'd like to see my self doing at some point

    Good luck in the future

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Nick with your cryptic "big news coming soon" posts. Drive me nuts :) but very excited to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey WannabeGrinder,
    Took me about a year and a half before I was able to let go of my day job. A lot of hard work, subscribing to a few membership sites and learning from the best. Also playing the games that are the most profitable.

    Once I was able to comfortably replace my day job income is when I made my decision to play poker full time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks pal, seems as though my target of about 12 months should be on track

    I'm currently on Nicks waiting list so hopefully that will increase my push up the ranks :)

    look forward to the news...

    ReplyDelete