Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February Results & Olympic Craziness

Well, February has been a little frustrating so far, however I know I am playing some of the best poker I have ever played. My results don't show it, but results don't matter and it is just about getting the volume in.

I have found myself start seeing more spots I can take advantage of, abusing the bubble, playing people against each other as the chip leader at the final table, robbing the regulars (as I'm pretty sure they don't know who I am yet) and just playing well. I have found a few regulars calling me pretty light, so I make a note and make that adjustment for next time.

It's been a while since I have sat in the winners circle, been runner up/ third a bunch and a ton of final tables, but haven't taken a first in a while, but it's coming and will come in bunches.

I took Saturday & Sunday off last week to go downtown Vancouver to take in the Olympic experience and the city is just nuts! Craziness everywhere, nothing bad, everyone has a great attitude, no shortage of high fives, people with "free hugs" signs, spontaneous singing of the National Anthem and a lot of drinking, lol. The German house ran out of beer! Apparently Vancouver has consumed more alcohol this Olympics than the last two combined, but hey, it's what we know how to do.

Have put in 932 games so far, and will be grinding the rest of the month hard putting in at least 100 180 man games a day. Like a student of mine "Vertek" said, "I'm going to eat variance and shit $$$".

See you at the tables.

PS: Students are doing awesome, keep pushing guys and just get your volume in, don't focus on results. I was heads up for a $12 180 man last week against Vertek, he took it down, well done sir, and had another student "Fried Liver" join me at the final table of a $12 180 as well a couple days ago. It's great to see the progress everyone is making and looking to take it to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment